History

Live Life Federal Credit Union has been proudly servicing our members financial needs for over 65 years.  In June of 1952, the UAW Local 247 of Thompson Products, organized Thompson Product Employee’s Federal Credit Union, under Charter #7927.  At the time, we served employees of Thompson Products and Experimental Department, located in Detroit Michigan.  During this period, only union employees and their immediate families were eligible to join.

In 1958, the plant changed names from Thompson Products Michigan Division to Thompson Ramo Woolridge Incorporation, thus the name TRW Inc. emerged, and the Credit Union became TRW Michigan Employees Federal Credit Union.

In 2006, TRW Inc. closed its Sterling Heights location however; the Credit Union opted to remain in the community and extended its membership to all who lived, worked, worshiped or conducted business within the boundaries of Sterling Heights therefore; the name became Sterling Heights Community Federal Credit Union.

In 2017, the Credit Union determined it was in the best interest of its members, to further expand the field of membership beyond the borders of Sterling Heights.  The charter was changed to a Common Bond field of membership, enabling any group of individuals with a commonality, to petition the Credit Union for membership.  As a result, the Credit Union, needed a name that was inclusive of it current membership and welcoming of those who were seeking a new opportunity to live life with financial security and freedom, thus Live Life Federal Credit Union was born!

The Board of Directors and staff of Live Life Federal Credit Union, would like to thank all past and present members for their loyalty. We Look forward to servicing all your financial needs, now and for many years to come!

Interested in joining? Open an account today